Sunday, May 20, 2012

Product Review:Etude House Baby Skin Veiling Pact #2

Hi my dear dollies!
It's me again making a review for all my lovable dolls.
Today's review is one of the prettiest powder pact that I have ever seen and laid my eyes and hands on. 
Let's welcome the Etude House Baby Skin Veiling Pact #2.

Ain't it pretty?
Just because of the packaging, I can't stop myself but to look for it since it's always out of stock.
I am really thankful that I already found this at Etude House Market! Market!

Since that I've been using this for a while now, I guess that it is ready for review.
This particular foundation of Etude House has only 2 shades. Being #2 the darkest but still too white for Filipina skin tone. What is good about this foundation is that it has SPF 22/PA ++. I am really not sure what does PA ++ means. I need to research on it hehe 


The packaging is sturdy enough and I really love that it's pink and has some pretty cute princess touch to it. It really looks like a little girl's toy but I really love taking this out of my makeup kit.


This comes with a really nice puff as well. It's really soft and makes applying the powder much easier. Since that this is too white for me, I just apply this powder with patting motion and make sure that I just get a little of the product.


The girly-ness and cute-ness doesn't end there because the powder itself has some nice flowers engraved to it.


It's just too cute to resist that I don't want to use it to prevent the cute little flowers from fading. 

The powder has a really nice and smooth texture. It is not chalky nor powdery and I really love how my skin feels so smooth and soft with this on. It looks like you really have a baby skin. It has an average oil control time. When I used this my oilies are controlled between 3-4 hours but the coverage just last me for about 2 hours. It has this mild baby scent which I love as well. It is a pretty decent powdered foundation, if it is not just too white then I guess I will really love this.

Swatch time
Taken under natural light

Taken with camera flash

Please excuse my face and skin's condition. My face had become really dull this past few days. Maybe because of my bad sleeping habits since that it's summer vacation hehe As you can see, the right part of my face has the foundation while the left face is my bare skin. Under natural lighting, it looks like it suits my skin tone a little. You can't really see how white it is but with flash photography, the horror comes waa you can really see how white the foundation is and doesn't suit my morena skin tone. Sometimes I'm really afraid to use this especially if I'm having my picture taken.



See how it looks like a white mask? I'm pretty sad about the coverage since that this powder is good enough for me. Too bad that this doesn't have shades that fits morena skin tone.


THE PRODUCT: Etude House Baby Skin Veiling Pact #2
PRICE: Php 448
PLACE:  Etude House Market! Market!
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:

  • Very cute packaging
  • Nice mild scent
  • Powder is not chalky
  • Cute engraved flowers on the powder
  • The puff comes with the powder is soft
  • It didn't break me out
  • My face feels soft and smooth
  • It has SPF although the SPF is not enough to really protect your skin

WHAT I DON'T LOVE ABOUT THIS PRODUCT:

  • It's too white for me
  • Leaves a white cast especially with flash photography
  • Kind of expensive for a student like me
  • Not that long lasting

WILL I RECOMMEND IT/ BUY IT AGAIN?: I recommend this for those who loves collecting cute things like me. Honestly I just bought this because of the packaging and I think it's a really nice accessory to my makeup kit hehe. The bad thing is I will not buy this again.

RATING: I give this product a    3/5


THE VERDICT:
This is a really nice product if you want a cute product in your makeup kit. Since that this suits Korean skin tone, I don't suggest to use this as your primary powder.



Have you tried this powder pact? What can you say about it? Please do share!

Take care and always stay pretty!






2 comments:

  1. Love your review dear! :)

    http://princessmeowismarilou.tumblr.com
    http://princessmeowismarilou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Princess Marilou! ^^, Thanks for following me. I'm already a follower of your tumblr and followed you in your blogger account. ^^,

      Delete

Please do leave me comments my dear Dollies! I'd love to hear from you! :3