Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ellana Minerals

Hi again my dear dollies! 
Today I am going to introduce you to the world of mineral makeup.
Mineral makeup is a type of cosmetic which always comes in powdered form and made naturally. It is said that this is really good for your skin especially if you have sensitive skin. Me being new in the makeup world also got curious to mineral makeup and of course I wanted to try it too. So browsing online, I ended up in Ellana Minerals website.
Credits goes to http://variadolouise.multiply.com/ for the image

So what is the story of Ellana Minerals?

In the spring of 2006, after years of struggling with using traditional makeup for her sensitive skin, 
Coney Avellana, then a Sales Manager, tried to find a solution to fulfill her needs to look presentable. 
She went online and found out about the miracle of Mineral Makeup. Trying several brands on the 
market proved to be costly, as most were still not suitable for the tropical climate, and only a few 
offered shades for the Asian skin tone. She also discovered that she wasn’t alone and many shared 
the same problem as hers. So she and her friend, Theresa Carbonel, then a cosmetic entrepreneur,  
embarked on the research and development of a brand of new mineral cosmetics line to capture 
this niche market of affordable Mineral Makeup. 

Pooling all their resources  and the help of family and friends, Coney and Theresa worked tirelessly 
with their Filipino team with the thrust to achieve international quality standards, with regards to 
being environment friendly with their packaging, and socially responsible by employing 
mostly women and out of school youth. 

The name Ellana means “light” or “bright” in Greek origin. 
A perfect name for the what makeup should be - light and easy on the skin, 
giving its users a sheer and natural glow. 

Ellana Mineral Cosmetics are available presently online, and distributed through a 
network of direct sellers and at 4 weekly SM Bazaar locations in Metro Manila. 



(Got the info from their website)


I was so happy that Ellana Minerals is proudly made here in the Philippines. Come to think of it, I've been passing around their stalls in SM for quite some time now and didn't check it out. (That's the time when I am not yet interested in cosmetics) 


As I browse their website I saw a banner where they give free samples. All you have to do is fill up the form and they will  ask you what is your skin tone and undertone so they can give you the perfect shade for your skin tone. Wow that is really amazing so I didn't hesitate to fill up the form to get me some free samples.

Mind you that shipping fee is not included so you have to pay for it. It's just Php 50 anyway within Metro Manila so it's not really bad considering that you are requesting for free samples which is a good idea to know if it will suit your skin or not. 


The transaction went smoothly and after I paid the shipping fee, it already came in my mail the next day yay!

So here they are.


it includes:

  • Machiatto Foundation (Medium Warm)
  • Caramel Latt'e Foundation (warm/medium)
  • Smile Golden Beige Concealer
  • Bunny Blush Pale Peach with rosy pink shimmer (I love the name Bunny Blush hehe)
  • Espresso Con Panna Finishing Powder (warm/olive)
As you can see the sample has 2 foundations,1 finishing powder, 1 blush and 1 concealer. Hooray for free samples! I can't wait to try these out and hope that it will work for me.

For more information try visiting their website at http://ellanaminerals.com/
You'll never know that this might be the perfect makeup for you. 

P.S.
I am not advertising them or was paid to do so. I am just sharing my thoughts to you my dear dollies.

So that's it for now.

What do you think of Mineral Makeup? What brands have you already tried? Please do share!

Take care and always stay pretty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do leave me comments my dear Dollies! I'd love to hear from you! :3